Wednesday, August 20, 2008

BAT update.... EEEEKKK

That pesky bat that has been living in our basement for over week is GONE!! (I hope!) I was sitting in the living room tonite, and suddenly saw this shadow fly overhead.. at first I thought I had imagined it, but it happened again, and again.. and when I looked up, there was a bat flying about the room, dodging the ceiling fan that was running on a fast speed...thank goodness it didn't run into one of the blades and get thrown toward me! It was bad enough the thing seemed to be swooping down toward me to avoid the fan.

I dropped to the floor and crawled along, turned on the lights as I went so the bat maybe wouldn't go into the rooms with the lights on, opened the front door so maybe it would fly out on the front porch.. and then I SCREAMED for John, who was upstairs watching TV... he didn't hear me, so I SCREAMED LOUDER!! ...still no response from John, but I'm sure the neighbors heard me since the door was wide open! *L*

I ran up the stairs jumping around shouting that the bat was in the living room.. John just told me to calm down and he came downstairs to see for himself (like I would lie about it???)...the bat was NOwhere to be seen... but then suddenly I saw it swoop out on the porch... I slammed the front door shut and while John snuck out of the door, I turned on the porch light, John opened the outside porch door, and after about 10 times of circling the inside of the porch, the bat found its way out the door... HURRAH!!!

I'm glad THAT thing is gone... at least I hope that it was only ONE bat in the basement... *looking up and around all paranoid like now hoping another bat doesn't swoop me*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your bat has gone!

Glen AKA Sarvistree

FauxPas said...

I hope it wasn't a momma bat that left some babies behind for you *L*