Thursday, January 27, 2011

Angel Baby Shrine



"...and a sword will pierce through your own soul also, so that thoughts from many hearts may be revealed." Luke 2:35

The above scripture verse is spoken by Simeon to Mary when she and Joseph had brought Jesus to the temple after his birth to be blessed, dedicated and presented to the Lord. Simeon foretold to Mary (although Mary didn't realize it at the time)the anguish and pain she, as Jesus' mother would endure seeing her own son crucified, suffer and die and pierced through the side with a sword.



I can't imagine the kind of pain that Mary and others felt in having to see Jesus suffer so much before His death.

The pain of any parent in the loss of a child is great, horrible, and is the worst kind of heartache I've experienced. It does indeed pierce you to the soul!



So this is my finished shrine to the baby that was born way to early to survive, over 30 years ago, and to all those angel babies that are waiting to be reunited in heaven with their parents and loved ones too. I know I look forward to one day being reunited with my "angel".
Check out 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18.

2 comments:

Kasey Karstetter said...

I really love this assemblage. I think everything comes together nicely in design & colors. Also I love that the basket is a kind of protection for the baby. Also I like that it has a universal feel to it looking similar to a 'cupid'. I think there is a lot of love in this one :)

Name: Roberta said...

Thanks ((((Kasey)))), you do know it IS a love shrine to the baby. *S* Thanks for the comments...LOVE YOU TOO my baby angel daughter!! *S* xoxox