Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Art as Prayer - Art Show











My art show with meditations was tonite at Christ Church..thanks to all who came! It was nice to hear the comments from participants on how certain pieces touched them, and the meditations brought some to tears even... I know at times, they do to me too, so it was a good feeling to see God reaching out to others in and through them as God does to me too.

Here are some of the photos from the night's event ...












I had different prayer "stations" set up all over, in the narthex entrance, the church nave, the library, Christ the King room and the Chapel.


















I also had a short (15 minute) video presentation showing before items I had used in several of the assemblage art pieces, and inspirations that came to me, God-cidences that happened along the way, and how some of the pieces changed even after I thought I had one finished.
























Some were more interactive, some were serious, some were whimsical, but with a great scriptural truth in the meditation.


























Thank you also to my friends who hosted some delicious goodies for all the participants... pictured here are Carol, Pat and Ann, and another Pat also helped a lot, but I didn't get a picture before she had to leave...thanks so much, I appreciate you all!!


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

UPDATE:  Here is another post where an Art as Prayer Workshop was held ... check it out here

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

MORE UPDATES:  Even Youth can create Art as Prayer ... Check out the Christ Episcopal Church Sunday School Lenten Art Show here

No comments: