Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tuesdays Travels - On the Road Again...


Today was a travel day again ... and we also slept in (yet again!). But I love being able to have a relaxing vacation, not having to rush from place to place.. I think I could REALLY get used to this!! *L*

We headed over to the Cherokee Antique Row before starting our drive toward Memphis.



There were a few guard cats along this row... *L*

It was a quaint area with about 5 blocks or more of antique shops, many weren't open, but some were. We explored them and dreamed, and noticed some of the same items that I have collected over the years ... I could open an antique store too! *L* (NOT!!)



I love old vintage-looking pics like this one of the Boy Jesus, but it was a bit too pricey for me to buy.

Having had enough of antique looking (Kasey said it was enough for her tastes for many years to come..*L*)..we headed down the road... dreaming of
"Walking in Memphis,
Walking with my feet ten feet off of Beale
Walking in Memphis
But do I really feel the way I feel .."


But, we didn't make it all the way to Memphis... we decided not to push it and stopped in Cape Girardeau for the night.

After exploring a few art galleries, and some streets down by the river, as well as the riverfront, we found a hotel for the night.











Nice hotel, nice lounge area too...



Kasey treated to dinner (we googled from our hotel trying to find a local establishment that would be a unique dining experience, but none were open on a weeknight in November)..so after exploring the area (okay, so we got lost for a bit), but I DID find a Good Will store, (no good deals there however - another disappointing Good Will adventure down south), we decided to go with Olive Garden for dinner since it was just a short distance from the hotel.


So, early to bed, hopefully early to rise... healthy, weathly(?) and wise... *L*

Looking forward to Memphis tomorrow!

No comments: