Saturday, May 12, 2012

A Tribute to Mothers, with Love....


~ TRIBUTES TO MOTHERS, WITH LOVE ~
My Mom, circa 1935, she was
about 4 years old.
(especially to MY Mom - xoxoxox)

My Mother taught me about justice.
"One day you'll have kids, I hope they turn out just like you. Then you'll see what it's like."

Did your Mom ever say something like…
"If you fall off that swing and break your neck, you can't go to the store with me."

Wisdom from Mom (& Dad) - Never mow the lawn barefoot!
“When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me.”

The purpose of a child's middle name according to Mom...
So he or she can tell when they are really in trouble!

Mom’s Wisdom….
NO!  You can’t have THAT!   You just can’t have everything you know - where would you put it anyway?!


Dad, Me and Mom - 1954

"When your mother asks, 'Do you want a piece of advice?' it is a mere formality. It doesn't matter if you answer yes or no. You're going to get it anyway."  ~ Erma Bombeck ~

Mothers of teenagers know why animals eat their young.

"I want my children to have all the things I couldn't afford... then I want to move in
with them!"   ~ Phyllis Diller ~

"Some are kissing mothers and some are scolding mothers, but it is love just the same, and most mothers kiss and scold together.”  ~ Pearl S. Buck ~

One of those many miracles that Mom did!
“The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found.”  

Mom with sister Chellie, Me (on the trike)
and Uncle Jim being goofy!

~ Author does not want to be identified ~


“I regard no man as poor who has a Godly mother.”  ~ Abraham Lincoln ~


“The mother-child relationship is paradoxical and, in a sense, tragic. It requires the most intense love on the mother's side, yet this very love must help the child grow away from the mother, and to become fully independent.”  ~ Erich Fromm ~

"The happiest families are those in which the children are properly spaced...about 10 feet apart.”   ~ Unknown ~



"Raising a teenager is like nailing Jell-O to the wall."   ~ Unknown ~


Mom, Me, Daughter Kasey
"If a mother's place is in the home, why am I always in the car?"  ~ Unknown ~

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."  ~ Elizabeth Stone ~

"If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?"  ~ Milton Berle ~



No comments: