Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Chocolate Bacon Skewers... YUMMM!!

A friend of mine had posted a recipe for this, and it sounded like something fun to try.  I changed the recipe a bit, and used what I had here at home to make it... they turned out great!  A new taste sensation I might just have to make for the Father's Day Pot-Luck Brunch at Church!

The recipe called for thick cut bacon, but I just used regular cut bacon.
Weave it on a wooden skewer ribbon style. The recipe said to brush it with maple syrup generously. I couldn't find my pastry brush, so I just squirted some maple pancake syrup on both sides, generously. Make sure you foil line a baking pan (with sides), and put the bacon skewers on racks too.  Bake at 425 for at least 10 minutes on both sides, turning after 10 minutes. I actually had to bake it a lot longer than 10 minutes to get it crispy, the way I like it.

This is the bacon after it was done baking in the oven.  Let it cool well, then add chcolate drizzled on both sides.  I used those chocolate disks that you can melt in the microwave.  You melt them in a dish for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.  Then I put the melted chocolate in a plastic bag, snipped off the corner, and squirted it out the hole to drizzle it on the cooled bacon skewers.
The results turned out like this... pretty yummy!!
Loved the saltiness of the bacon with the sweetness of the chocolate.

They were a hit with my friends who I tried them out on tonite too!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


UPDATE:  Here are some I made for the Father's Day Brunch ... turned out to be a hit too!

No comments: