Saturday, February 12, 2011

Marauding Turkeys Infiltrate the Neighborhood...


Have I ever mentioned that I live with, and near, a bunch of turkeys? *lol*

We have had all sorts of animals in our yard before... deer, raccoons, skunks, possums, woodchucks, rabbits, squirrels, birds, bats, cats, dogs and more! But today was the first time I've ever seen a wild turkey in the yard!





I think they came up the gully behind our house from the lake, and were looking for food, or just curious?
Since they raided the neighbor's bird feeders, and weren't at all phased by my throwing snowballs at them to get them to look at me as I photographed them, I suspect they were hungry.




I had grabbed my camera and ran outside to get a picture of these turkeys, and then realized it was a bit chilly, so I headed home from the neighbors backyard, and discovered the turkey tracks, and other animal tracks on the sidewalk out front...*L* Based on the tracks, it seems we have a lot of marauding animals around here!

No comments: