Saturday, May 28, 2011

Allyn Grave Site


Part of my "job" is taking care of the stipulation of the will of a deceased parishioner, who has left Christ Church as a beneficiary of part of their trust. A floral arrangement is to be placed on the Allyn family grave site each year for Memorial Day. We are all very thankful for the Allyn family and all the many ways they have blessed the Church that I work at and we are members of. A prayer of thanks was also offered as I planted the flowers this afternoon.



The cemetery was busy with a lot of visitors and families putting flowers on the graves, in preparation of the Memorial Day celebration and ceremony that is held each year at Spring Grove Cemetery.

I am hoping that maybe I'll get a chance to plant some of my own planters this weekend... we'll see.

No comments: