Tuesday, February 3, 2009

When I was 55, it was a very good year....


Today reminded me of this song, sung by Frank Sinatra... the words go as follows:

When I was seventeen, it was a very good year
It was a very good year for small town girls
And soft summer nights, we'd hide from the lights
On the village green, when I was seventeen

When I was twentyone, it was a very good year
It was a very good year for city girls
Who lived up the stair, with all that crazy hair
And it came undone, when I was twentyone

When I was thirtyfive, it was a very good year
It was a very good year for blue-blooded girls
Of independent means, we'd ride in limousines
Their chauffeur would drive, when I was thirtyfive

But when the days are short in the autumn of
the year
I will think of my life as vintage wine
From fine old kegs, from the brim to the dregs
Pouring sweet and clear, it was a very good year.

==========================================

So, today, I am in my fifty-fifth year (plus), I actually turned 55 back in September, but today was when I experienced, for the first time, the SENIOR DISCOUNT because of being 55!

I've reached a milestone... an age stone.... I am in the autumn of my years... I am old vintage wine, pouring sweet and clear.... ahhh yes, it was a very good year..*L*

All because I received a SENIOR DISCOUNT at the grocery store today...I guess I've never shopped on a Tuesday there before (at Piggly Wiggly), but today I was asked as I checked out, whether I was eligible for the senior discount... I hesitated and said, "No, I don't think so?? But WAIT, what age is the discount?" They said, "55". I said, "Well, what do you know I guess I AM eligible!"
So, I saved $4.56 today being 55... at least it's good for SOMETHING, eh? *L*

No comments: