Monday, August 3, 2009

Gardens, Oddities & Stuff....



This last week I FINALLY did some long overdue gardening, and it seems once I get going I don't want to stop....





It's been nice, planting so late in the season and having flowers and plants be 50% - 75% off, so I've been able to do more planting than I had thought.















Here are some of my small garden areas and planters, some still need work ....








I went back to one garden center toward Waukesha today where they had great plants and good deals ... since I had my camera I snapped a few photos of some of the things I've seen over and over before, but that others might find unusual ... bet some of my friends know just where these things are too!




Ha! I bet my husband would freak out if I came home with a GIANT rooster or chicken for a lawn decoration! *L*




This old cemetery had some interesting monuments and headstones too...

I had to stop and get some sweet corn from a self serve roadside stand, we had it for dinner and it was DELICIOUS!!


This old store window display of an albino deer among other things has always intrigued me, but I've never seen this store open in like 20 years or so? If you double click on the photos, a larger version comes up and you can see the security company that this store uses ...Fife Security Agency (Barney Fife)..ha!



If you are reading this and a southern WI resident, can you guess where these things are found?

No comments: