Sunday, July 4, 2010

Assemblage ideas in the works....

Since I have more than a WHOLE DAY off yet, I've been going thru some of the stash of things I have accumulated in my dining room ... (this is besides all the stuff in the basement!), and I have pulled out a few things to start working on, putting together various pieces in hopes of being inspired and actually completing something.

So, here, for your viewing pleasure, are a few things on the workbench...



The Family Tree.... (no, these are not MY family members, but they are cool old photos, some are tin photos that I found at rummage sales, some are on a cardboard backing.) I found the cool wire tree at Goodwill... I hope to use this in some kind of shadow box down the road too.



Coyote UGLY... I had to buy this already framed skinned coyote head, I don't know why I HAD to, I just did... *L* John and the kids say it's "UGLY", so I figured I'd give it the letters to go with the title..*L* (not to be confused by the movie of the same name)... in the meantime, maybe I'll think of something cool to use this oddity with. *S*




I also grabbed this pregnant torso to gesso, and then mod podge some stuff onto it. It's a hollow/half form, that can be hung on the wall... I am thinking I want to cut out a hole in the stomach and have an insert put in...still in the beginning stages of it, but I did get a layer of gesso on it and a few things mod podged on it as well... so it's off to a good start..well, it doesn't really look SO good right now, but hey, it's a start!

2 comments:

A Note From The Queen said...

would you PLEASE stop hogging all the torsos and manniquins for yourself!!!! Share already will ya!!! Which reminds me, I have some angel heads for you. :)

Name: Roberta said...

Lisa...*L* ... I have 3 or 4 torsos in the basement yet...this one was just a half, hollow one that I bought at shopgoodwill. com and thought I'd try to make something out of. Still a work in progress ... I have to stop and stare at it for awhile now.

What kind of angel heads do you have? *interested*