Sunday, November 18, 2007

School Daze Assemblage - a work in progress


This is the start of what I am thinking of calling "School Daze". In a political chat room I visit, someone had posted a picture of a school child who was hurt in the war going on in Iraq. It made me sad to think of how different life and school days are for kids in war-torn countries.

A few days later, as I was making my rounds in the GoodWill store, I came across a frame in the shape of a school bus, one that you put your child's school pictures each year into.

So, this idea was born... to put in pictures that I found off the Internet, of kids of various ages - Kindergarten thru 12th grade ages - in their environment,... the innocent victims of war.

I beat up the school bus a lot, and also found pictures on the Internet that school age kids had drawn of what their everyday life was like... war pictures from a child's perspective.

I'm still playing around with how and on what I'll mount these things, and looking thru my stash of treasures and junk to see what else I can add.

Anyway... here it is so far... more to come...

1 comment:

A Note From The Queen said...

how poignant Roberta, tis true, and sad, that life is so much different for the children of war torn countries. It's so hard not to take for granted the blessings that God has given us here for our children to grow up in a peaceful, safe place.