Sunday, May 18, 2008

"Quackery or Miracle Cures?" a.k.a "This Won't Hurt A Bit" - latest assemblage


So here is an assemblage I'll submit for my sister in law's "Step Outside Your Box Saturdays" challenge from a week ago...better late than never, eh?
I think it could have two titles, since I seem to remember from my childhood some doctors telling me "Don't worry, this won't hurt a bit!" when I had to have some procedures for various things... yeah, riiighht!!

The assemblage includes at the top a mini skull crusher (really a nutcracker.*L*), a bed of nails with a wooden foot "walking" on them (ok, ok, it's actually more of a wooden shoe on the nails), some bottles of potions, pills and a bottle of holy water, the background is an advertisement for some bogus miracle cure. I may add more to this at a later date, since I found some things that I may be able to use for this particular topic...we'll see.


Check out my SIL's blog and her latest challenge at A Note From the Queen.

2 comments:

A Note From The Queen said...

Now this is light hearted and fun! I can remember Dr. Woods telling us " oh now, I never hurt any one on *insert whatever day of the week it happens to be*"

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Oh this is fun! They must have taught them to say that in medical school, I can remember hearing that too! Marva