Thursday, May 22, 2008

A Few of My Oddities & Favorite Things....

I was looking around my house last night and wishing I could haul out some of my tools of the trade and be creative, but realized I had no time to do that since I have tons of plants waiting to be put into planters and garden beds, and tomorrow is grandson day, so I'd just have to clean up anyway... instead I thought I'd take a few pictures of some of my assembled assemblages and other oddities I have around here...my decorating style is a bit eclectic, but I like it!
The first picture are some ideas that float around in my head and I sit them out to see how I like them, and wait for more inspiration before setting them permanently into an assemblage piece... some of my sisters are freaked out by the things I have sitting around, and they'd really be freaked if they went in my basement and saw some of THAT stuff....bwhahaha I think my sister in law, Lisa, would like that scepter thing I have sitting there, so if it's ever missing, I WILL come to see if you have it Queenie!! *L*

This is part of my husband's offering to our decorating... a wild boar head... ugh! We have TWO of these ugly things on our walls... below it is a coat rack with some of my old wooden canes hanging around, and a shoulder blade of a moose made into a canoe paddle (a friend of my husband's made it for him).

This eye is some art that my daughter Kasey made and I asked to have...it sits by a brass lamp I found at Good Will, I want to patina the brass more so it's more green...someday I'll get to that. The signs I found at a crafters mall.

Another contribution to our walls from hubby... I tried to decorate them up a bit... hee hee... dontcha love that sign!! G*

And these are some holders...one for the cell phone (yes, I have an antique cell phone..*L*) is from my friend Deb...the eye glass holder I found at Good Will... cool eh? *S*

So...that's it for now...gotta get my day going...

2 comments:

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Roberta - I love your style! Eclectic is such fun! Your husband's wild boar head needs to go though..... :) Marva

Name: Roberta said...

Marva...*L*.. I didn't show the full black bear skin on the wall, complete with head, or the deer head either... it started out that he could have ONE wall... he's expanded to THREE now...acckk!! *L*