Sunday, June 1, 2008

Cool Idea,... FANS

So, here's what I did today instead of planting my flowers and plants that have been sitting on my porch waiting for the frosts to stop... (well, that's my excuse as to why I haven't finished my planting anyway). *S*

I found this old cardboard hand fan at (where else) Good Will, it had advertising on the back for a funeral home, and the front was the picture of "Christ at Twelve". I had made hand held fans from card stock before, advertising our church and activities for the last few years, and thought this picture was something cool to use... not to mention the fact that I had just had another hot-flash during the service this morning (you'd think after 6 years of hot-flashes that I'd be done with that, wouldn't ya? sheeesh), anyway, I decided it was time to start making more of those fans for people to use this summer at church.

So, I incorporated the picture into our church info...and VOILA! Here are the results....These are just SOME of them, I am making about 75 of these...30 down, 45 more to go.


I like it because they look old fashioned... I scanned the picture, added the scripture passage on the front, the service information on the reverse, cut them out, glued them together with a large tongue depressor/Popsicle type stick in between, sprayed glossy acrylic on them, added a ribbon tied on the handle, and they are ready to cool off many a parishioner or guest..and ME! *S*
Feel free to use the idea at your church or business. I had a girlfriend who used it for a tea/fashion show she was hosting... she made them and personalized them for her business and event, they went over well there too.

No comments: