Saturday, June 7, 2008

Jazz in the Park & Auctioning of Cheeseboxes... among other things today...

"The time has come," the walrus said, "to talk of many things: of shoes - and ships - and sealing wax - of cabbages - and kings." So, today I have all these unrelated ideas...some say to combine unrelated ideas is at the very heart of creative thinking.... if so, I must be some really, really GREAT creative thinker! *L* BUT, how to combine some of these ideas is the question!

I have no new art to show, too bad I can't get pictures from my imagination/brain and post them here for everyone to see, I have so many ideas floating around that I've taken to writing them down more and more so I don't forget them as they get lost in the rest of the stuff that floats around in my mind lately....
I can't get these ideas organized in my mind either... they seem to be as un-orderly as the bins of cool stuff/found objects I have stored in my basement for future art assemblages.
Hmmm, and just now another idea comes to my mind in reference to what I just typed..*L*
Anyway... I'm elocuting here .... and not getting any concrete things done....

This afternoon is the Jazz in the Park event where they will auction off the 60+ altered, decorated, transformed cheeseboxes that were done by area artists. I donated two of them to the cause... to benefit the Friends of the Visual & Performing Arts. It looks like it may be a rainy stormy day here... guess that means it may be held in the school gym instead of in the new band shell at the park...too bad.. wonder if there is AC in that gym? It's gonna be muggy and hot and miserable if not.. ugh!

Soooo... guess my rambling has gone on long enough... time to get to some of those ideas floating around in my head... or wait, I just saw the neighbor put out a rummage sale sign.... another place to look for more junk to put into my already full unorganized basement!..*L*
I know, I know...I'm just walking around the ideas in that brain of mine now when I should be grabbing them and running....
I'll do that after I run to this one rummage sale... (well, maybe I'll hit a couple)...

More to come later.....

No comments: