Monday, June 2, 2008

Pedestal...the continuing saga...

So, I have been sitting looking at the pedestal that I added some hands to about a month or more ago... it's been sitting here decked out in white gesso just waiting for me to do something to it. I was going to add some kind of decoupage tissue paper, or paper bag material to it, but thought that the detail on the hands wouldn't come out as well if they were covered up with even thin tissue paper. So, I was looking at spray paint the other day and saw some of that "hammered look" kind, so I bought a couple of cans and thought I'd see what it would look like.

So, here it is ...
I don't really like it, too plain, plus you can see the patch job I did to fill in the places I had to cut away to add the hands. It's a smoother texture in those areas and is too noticeable... sooo, it's back to staring at it again for inspired ideas. I'm thinking maybe I'll leave the hands this color, and decoupage the rest of it with something? Hmmm, still thinking on that... any ideas? I'd be glad for ANY from anyone.

No comments: