Thursday, October 9, 2008

Another Trip Upnorth to the Son's Apartment...

I spent the afternoon and evening at my son's place today. I had been looking and found some great deals on things for Kaine's apartment. A very sturdy wood coffee table, which needed a bit of refinishing on the top, which I did and it looks good as new! Also a brand new sofa I got for only $52.50, it was damaged, the side board was cracked and bent in with an inch rip in the bottom of the material. I bought it anyway, brought it home and John fixed it in less than an hour. I also got some material to use as a cover over the top, it's a pretty light colored sofa, and if it were in my daughter's apartment, I'm sure she'd like it just as it is, but for a young man's apartment, the covering looks good and will protect it more when he comes home from work and flops on the couch before changing out of his work clothes.





I also found a nice new round rug for his kitchen, and a shelf thing I spray painted tan for his bathroom.

Kaine and I also spent some time hanging some of the curtains that he hadn't gotten around to doing yet, and some of his wall decorations, which involved many signs he's collected or I've found at a sale.
He still needs a bed (right now he has a mattress on the floor), and he could use a chair as well in his bedroom, and he needs to finish setting up his spare bedroom, but it's looking really GREAT!


While I was there I also got to see Jorden and Erin for a little while, which was a wonderful treat as well!! Jorden wasn't too happy about leaving and being in her infant seat in this pic.

No comments: