Saturday, October 11, 2008

Diocesan Convention....

Friday and Saturday was our Diocesan Convention... since I had screwed up my back, I missed Friday's workshops and banquet... heard that it was a good day from others however, and I was sorry to miss it.
Saturday was the continuation of Convention, which I DID make it to. The business end of Convention are things that need to be taken care of... I suppose... however for the most part, it seemed to be a lesson on "Rules of Order", and in some aspects it's good to have order...but at times it seems to me, to get a bit ridiculous. Maybe other churches need to have such strict rules, I'm glad our church members at Christ Church, can get along and are able to rely on caring for each other as brothers and sisters in Christ, and good manners, rather than strict rules to "keep us in line".

It seemed we debated, voted and discussed some issues ad nauseam... and others that I thought would have some debate zipped through passage immediately....go figure?

I can't recall exactly how many Conventions I've been a part of, but I think it's been about 25... and to the best of my memory, this one ended earlier than any of the previous ones... I was on the road by 2 p.m. Thanks be to God!

No comments: