Saturday, June 13, 2009

Alice's WonderLand...the beginning of something...


I have a few really cool found objects I've been collecting, and am in the beginning stages of putting them together ... here is just some of what will be in an upcoming assemblage. The main found object in it is a cool vintage Alice in Wonderland marionette puppet, and for the background of the shadow box is a tin reproduction of an advertising sign for The White Rabbit Saloon, the old brown bottle (which will eventually have a "Drink Me" label) is one my husband found in our garage when we bought the home we live in 35 years ago.

There is an old door handle that I think I'll put a mirror insert into (kind of a thru the looking glass entrance handle)... and I want to find a few vintage characters from Wonderland, Queen of hearts, Cheshire cat, maybe a few lucky rabbit feet too?? *L*

Anyway...I'm about to paint and stain the shadowbox to house it all ...
More to come...

No comments: