Thursday, February 25, 2010

But as for me, I will always have hope...

We received a call from a doctor at the VA Hospital, on Monday afternoon, that my father-in-law was not doing well. He has been in the hospital for a few weeks. My husband and his sisters and one of his brothers went to visit Paul a few weeks ago in TX to celebrate his 89th birthday. It was a good visit, and it was hoped that he would get better, and be able to go back to the assisted living place after some therapy. But, he has failed considerably, and the doctor indicated that it could be a couple of weeks, or it could be a couple of days... so John rushed to get things done, and since our daughter Kasey wasn't working, she was able to postpone a couple of photo shoots she had and drive down to Texas with John. Since I'm the only one who has work right now, I stayed home and am tending to work, and things here that we need to have done before the end of the month.

John and Kasey left early Tues. morning, arrived in TX on Wed. afternoon, and have been at the VA Hospital ever since. The staff brought in some reclining chairs so they could sleep in his room. Paul has been sleeping off and on, but knows that John and Kasey are there because he will die soon. He knows them, can talk with them, carries on conversations, but isn't eating at all, and has some discomfort ... he told them that "dying was horrible", which makes me sad for him, I think perhaps, the most horrible part of it is the emotional hurt, of leaving behind loved ones.
When I was praying for him I came across this scripture passage... "But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise You, Lord God, more and more." (Psalm 71:14)

Kasey is able to do Facebook on her cell phone, so she is keeping many of us up-to-date on what is happening, I asked her to tell Paul that I loved him, and that death in this life is not the end...we who hope on the Lord believe we WILL see each other again, and I will look forward to that time when we are reunited. But until that time, we will surely miss him, and hold him in our thoughts and prayers with love.

If you are reading this, please pray for Paul, and his transition, for peace, for his comfort, and perhaps that he can feel the love we send in our prayers for him too ...and prayers also for Kasey and John who are there with him. Thank you.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Embracing you and your loved ones with prayers, a circle of blessings, a rosary of hope that His love takes away the pain.

May peace be with you all.

Name: Roberta said...

(((Maureen))), thank you!!! xoxox