Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Building on a good foundation...


In our move from the Church building we are making, we are documenting many parts of it that will be renewed, renovated, restored, and improved. Kasey K Photo took many hundreds of photos that we will save for future generations to access on a photo CD.

One of the places she ventured into was the undercroft, which has a dirt floor, stone walls and just crawl spaces in some parts. It has big old wooden beams that support the whole structure, some of which will need to be reinforced. Some parts of the foundation walls have to be restored and repaired as well.





I couldn't help but think of the references in scripture to building on a sure and strong foundation. Lately I have realized that not all parts of my life were being built on that foundation, and I have been trying to rebuild again on the Rock of my salvation.

"Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say? I will show you what he is like who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice. He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete." (Luke 6:46-49)

Anyway.... this moving and packing of 160+ years of stuff has been a lot of work, but, it's also showing many more rewards in ways I hadn't anticipated... a closer walk with Christ, and a renewing of my soul...thank you Lord!!

No comments: