Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day, Happy, Happy...tired too!

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's out there!

It was a busy one here ... someday, when I'm old, I'll be able to just sit and enjoy the day as the old matriarch of the family..*L* Yeah, riiight!! NOT.



Today was a busy day at Church... up early and off to set up some of the things for the Basket Drawing that goes along with the Champagne Pot-Luck Brunch that the men of the parish host for all the women and everyone. I was glad when my BIL said he would take over the drawing for the baskets, but Kasey and I took in the $1 donations for the coupons for the chance at a basket.
The guys put on a wonderful brunch... waaay tooo much food, but it was good.
This is a photo of some of the guys in the kitchen... my husband, John is in it.. my Dad, and one of my many brother-in-law's, Mark. The rest are friends and church members... and no, don't think you are seeing double, those guys on the right are twins! Almost identical twins too..they fooled me! *L* Good thing that Ron's brother, Don, doesn't visit the church very often or I'd be fooled a lot more!




After Church we had to head right over to Dad and Mom's where we helped plant tons of my mom's planters... ugghhh..whatta job! But they sure look pretty when they're done, but really, she has TOO many! Good thing some of the neices and nephews are growing up and can help now too! I have yet to even weed my garden's from last Fall... and haven't planted a single thing yet...waiting for Memorial Day weekend to do some of that, maybe.


This is my Mom.. Kasey wanted to take a photo of her, but she didn't want to after being outside and supervising the planting all afternoon..*L* So Kasey had her hold an older photo of herself when she was younger and she took the pic. I like it! Kasey (Kasey K Photo) took some other photos too of the day, here are some of them.






It was nice having Kaine home for the weekend too... he always like to play with the kids..*L* ..and tease them, but they love it too! Kaine seems to be getting taller and taller each time I see him..*L*

No comments: