Saturday, May 22, 2010

Shredding 18 Years of Work ....


Today I took over 18 years worth of old records (after sorting thru those things I needed to keep forever), took them to the Walworth State Bank, where they said they would shred, for free, papers people brought in... So the guys loaded up the back of my van and away I went...

BUT, once there, I found out they wouldn't take it all from a "business", which they consider a Church to be. They would only take 4 boxes of the 20+ boxes I had. Arrggghhhh!!

The lady there did mention that if I wanted to come back at 11:30, they MAYBE would be able to shred more of my boxes if the truck wasn't full. So I headed back home, tried to consolidate some of the boxes, just incase they'd only take a few more, and headed back an hour and a half later...

Unfortunately, they would once again only take 4 more boxes ... so home I came with 12 or so boxes left... luckily for me, I was able to get ahold of John and he came to the rescue! A friend has a large burning pit and he said he would take the rest of our stuff and bury it under the other stuff there and burn it all later this weekend... Thanks Dan Boss!!

Sooo, that's pretty much what I did for 5 hours on my Saturday morning off today ... fun, fun, fun... what did YOU do for fun? *L*

No comments: