Thursday, August 5, 2010

Amazing Finds for Assemblage Use & Tomato Plant updates...


I can't wait to use the latest finds I've come across for an assemblage or two or three... Here are photos of some of the things...

Cool wooden drawers from an old sewing machine (I think), they have great decorative touches on the outside of them, and will be great for shadow box type of assemblages! I also bought some old tools... one from GoodWill and a couple from Etsy. An old plumb-bob and plumb-line, an old measuring thingy, and old wrench thing. Also a cool bling thing.. a pin that spells out "Jesus" in "diamonds"!! And another old wooden box behind them all!




Also shown here is an old letter from some signage I bought a year ago, I finally took it apart, the inside is broken, but the light tubes are curvy and kind of cool too, so I think I can find a use for those as well as the letter D. I also have an old horse from a rocking horse toy that is just crying out to be used with that letter D ..but I have yet to figure out exactly how. *L*



I also am the recipient of some cool old railings from church that were going to be tossed out. I am thinking of refinishing these, with some red paint and walnut stain perhaps... and using them with my assemblages in some showings and prayer stations... it will be really cool to use them to designate an area set aside as a kind of sacred space.

==========================







And, for your viewing enjoyment and update, here is my tomato tree at 6 weeks, and my deck planter too.... I just ate a couple more of these delicious tomatoes tonite.. yummm... *S*

No comments: