Saturday, August 7, 2010

Surprising Paul... So good to see him!


We made it to the VA Hospital about 7 p.m. Paul was sleeping when we arrived...when John leaned over and shook him and said, "Dad, Dad...", Paul woke up, and said, "Who is this?" John said, "It's me, John." His Dad said, "John?! Well I'll be damned!" *L* ...He sat right up and was so surprised...when John said, "Do you know who THIS is?" Pointing to me, Paul said, 'Is it my nurse?"..*L* I said, "No, it's me, John's wife.." He said, "It is? I'll be damned!"..*L*

Then he woke up more, put on his glasses and recognized me.. *S*

He was very happy and surprised to see us. It was a nice visit tonite, for a few hours, we'll go back again tomorrow and Monday morning too before heading back to WI.

Tomorrow I hope to be making some short videos of Paul, and hearing his stories to share with the family too.

No comments: