Friday, February 15, 2013

Body, Mind and Sole Sisters Expo....


+++++ UPDATE * FEB. 22ND ++++++ 

Well, I WAS going to be a part of this, but the person in charge called me today and she thinks my art is too out there and doesn't want to offend those coming to this event.  Even though I sent scriptural passages with the booklet I sent with my registration (weeks ago), and I DO believe the art pieces give a lot to think about, as well as a Godly message.  I do realize this type of assemblage art isn't for everyone's taste though.  SO, I told her I would pass on it then... just wish she would have looked at the registration form I sent in over 3 weeks ago, sooner, and would have let me know sooner before saying she would like me to be a part of it from the start and then call to ask me what religion I am, and things today??  I don't see how one can read the scriptural references, and really look at the art, and not see a Christian message?

But, I'll keep on keeping on, and making art, and looking to God for inspiration.    

"Come to Him (Jesus), to that living stone, rejected by men but in God’s sight chosen and precious;  and like living stones be yourselves built into a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.  For it stands in scripture:
“Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone, a corner stone chosen and precious, and he (or she) who believes in Him will not be put to shame.”    (1 Peter 2:4-6)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


 I will be a part of this upcoming ..."Body, Mind and Soul Sisters Expo"...  on Saturday, March 2nd, at  "The Energize Zone Wellness Center", 1918 Mac Arthur Rd., Waukesha, WI.  Admission is $5 and is open to the public. Doors open at Noon, and close at 4 p.m.

It will be an afternoon of learning, relaxation, shopping, fun, and inspiration.  There also will be mini manicures, makeovers, massages & over 28 vendors, selling & offering many things!  Door prizes as well!

I'll be having some of my assemblage art there in a shared space prayer room for women to come through and reflect, pray and meditate on the art, and messages that it may convey to them.

All are welcome, if you are in the Waukesha area on March 2nd, stop in!

No comments: