Monday, June 21, 2010

Kaine & Jorden's Visit Continues...Like Father, Like Daughter...

Today I took Jorden to work with me.... She hadn't been in the new, temporary site we are in now, so I figured she'd have fun exploring the space while I did a few things there.... and explore she DID!



I was with the offering counter doing our typical Monday morning count, having gotten out toys from the nursery for Jorden to play with in the space right next to us. Jorden came around the corner holding an open pyx and chewing some of the consecrated host she found saying, "Yummmmmmmmm!!" I took it away from her, and asked where she gotten it from. She had explored behind the temporary altar and found the shelves that were put in, where the extra pyx's are stored for taking to the homebound. Since we don't have a formal tabernacle in the space we are in, that's the best place to store them, but evidently it's not such a good place for inquisitive children. I scolded her, but not too much, because it must be something hereditary she was experiencing...*G*

Jorden seems to be taking after her Daddy. When Kaine was Jorden's age, he often came to work with me too, and found the unconsecrated wafers one day in the Chapel off the room I was working in, and ate them, when I discovered him hiding behind the altar and scolded him, he exclaimed, "But I'm starving mommy!!" Shades of times past now with Jorden, eh?!

Fr. Walsh was our priest back when Kaine did that and when I called him to tell him what happened, his comment was "Tell Kaine they are better with peanut butter on them when they are just plain wafers like that."..*L*
He came over to talk to Kaine a few days later, and brought him some embossed samples to eat, that had been given to the Church as samples. Little did I know until months later, that Kaine had gotten into the LARGER hosts too, the ones the priest holds up during the Eucharist, and Kaine had nibbled around the edges of them all, then put them back in the container...Fr. Walsh indicated we had mice named Kaine! *L*

Here are a couple of old photos of Kaine (and Kasey), he and Jorden are SOOO much alike in many ways...



Not only do daddy and daughter act alike, they look a lot alike too...*S*

Jorden was looking thru the old photos with us and thought that Kaine and Kasey's baby photos were "baby Jorden", and that Jorden's baby photos were her sister, Baby Abby..*L*





It's been fun having them here for a few days... and an adventure too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, that was so funny and even more so because Kaine had done the same thing! She's such a doll! :-D
Deb

Name: Roberta said...

Thanks Deb..*G* It amazed me that it happened...a story to treasure and ponder in my heart, for sure!