Sunday, April 21, 2013

Saying Goodbye isn't EVER easy... My friend (and co-worker's) Deb's Retirement Party

My friend, Deb, is retiring ... I've known her for 12 years, since she started working at Christ Church as the secretary.  This is a bittersweet time, we have been good friends, and had a lot of fun in ministry together, as well as both being Goodwill-a-holics.  We've often traveled together on days off to Goodwill's around WI, and had fun getting treasures.

I've had her boys in our Youth Group too for many years, and watched them grow up.  (I can't see how they can be so old and we haven't aged that much..ha!)

Giving Deb a Retirement Survival
Kit, which included a special
pillow for relaxing during her
retirement.
Deb worked part time for our Church as well as for the United Methodist Church, where she is a member.
We had a great working relationship, and I will miss, not only my
co-worker, but my great friend as well.


A Clock was part of the Survival Kit
Her time is now her own, she doesn't
have to "watch the clock" anymore!

A planter from the Vestry members
was presented by Ann.

Here are some photos from her party today ... Love you Deb!! 

We'll surely miss you and are so thankful for the ways you brought God's love into the ministry you did at Christ Church! xoxoxo


I made this wall
hanging, RELAX
for Deb.
Decoupaged with
pages from the Bible..
to remind her to relax
as well as to
"rest in the Lord".




Deb with sons, Chris and Jeremy
at the Reception in her honor.
Me and Deb


No comments: