Thursday, November 13, 2008

Assemblage Torso in Progress....

The latest project on my workbench is taking some time... and I suppose that is quite apropos since the title of this one will have the word time, or concept of time in it. Still thinking on the title...

But here is a sneak peak of just some of the elements...


...what is holding me up right now is the oil based stain I added to the torso...it's been 20 hours and it's almost as tacky as it was at the beginning... the directions said to allow 24 hours to dry, but I think I may have to allow 2 - 3 days and what's worse, as I sit here looking at it, I think I may want to put another coat of the dark stain on it (which means more days of drying time - and I'm not feeling much patience here to wait)...but then I'll have to add the many coats of polycrylic ..not to mention the attaching of wings, a branch of timely elements... a head of sorts, and arms attached to the head, as well as an insert in the "head" itself (which I am still not sure about)...But, I hope it turns out as well as it is showing in my mind's eye.

I'll be needing to put it aside for a day or two as well to get my treasurer's reports & bookkeeping done here... I hate that work interferes with my creativity!

Stay tuned for more in a day or two or three....

No comments: