Friday, November 7, 2008

Does This Tape Measure Make My Butt Look Big??

I'm probably showing my age here, but waaaay back, many years ago, Art Linkletter had a cute program called, "Kids Say The Darndest Things", I think later on it was hosted by Bill Cosby too. It was cute to hear and see the things that kids came up with. My grandson is no exception in that department. Today, being Friday, it was Grandson Day!

So when Jeff arrived, and before Grampa John left for work, Jeff noticed his tape measure hanging off his belt and asked to see it. Jeff immediately went around pulling out the tape and measuring things around the house...one of them being a torso I had sitting out (a recent purchase from Good Will to be altered).
When Grampa John told him he needed the tape measure back because he had to go to work, Jeff was going to run off with it ..*L* I told him I would take him to the Dollar Store later and we'd get him his very OWN tape measure.... and so, we did.

As we were standing in line at the check-out, waiting for a woman in front of us, Jeff took his new tape measure, pulled it out sideways, and proceeded to measure the back side, rear end of the lady in line... heck what else was he suppose to do, eh? *L* That was what was immediately in his line of sight, sooooo....

It was all I could do to keep from laughing, but when I heard the snickers of the other people in line behind me as Jeff said, "Gramma, that's BIG!!" , I immediately diverted Jeff's attention away from measuring that particular item and onto measuring the cart I was pushing instead....whew! Glad the woman in front of us didn't see it or hear it... but it WAS funny!
I wish I would have had a camera at that moment... what a great photo THAT would have been! Ha!

2 comments:

A Note From The Queen said...

LMAO oh thats priceless!!!

Anonymous said...

BWHAHAHAHA! that is awesome! and way cute that he was measuring your art for you!