Friday, November 14, 2008

For Where Your Treasure Is, There Your Heart Will Be Also



I woke up VERY early this morning with this idea... I've been doing a lot of things for our upcoming Stewardship Sunday at Church, and I believe God was putting this on my heart... as a message for me to take heed of as well as a way to share with others.

I have two scenarios this assemblage can take...two different messages, based on the passage in the title of this post and also from the promise that God gives us all, in Jesus, whereby He has broken the chains that bind us and set us free to be able to give our thanks back to Him, to give my heart to God in gratefulness to my Savior, my Redeemer.

In the scenario from Matthew 6:21, instead of my heart being given back to God, there are 2 cents, a pittance,(a sad reflection on the lack of thankfulness to my Savior). Behind me is a treasure chest, filled with the things that take the place of God in my heart..and my heart is there also..."For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
I'd like to say that I am not really the person in the second scenario, but the truth is, I often AM... something I hope isn't as much as it was previously, but something that I still am working on in some aspects of my life.

The second scene will be used on Sunday at our Church, it will be placed near the entrance on a stand, we will place our pledge cards on the wooden tray the assemblage stands on, giving out of thankfulness at what God has given us. Hopefully our thankfulness will be manifest in what the first scenario of this assemblage shows, and not the pittance offering.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like how you used that wood hand i gave ya. it's appropriate. so much that i nodded my head in agreement with the pic when i saw it. nice job!!! love.

Unknown said...

Another powerful work of art, Roberta. I am impressed to no end.

Name: Roberta said...

Thanks Carla!... and thanks Kasey! (btw, if you find more of those wooden hands, they'd make a nice Christmas gift..*hint*hint*)

My Studio 13 by Carrie said...

Wow, Roberta, again you have done an amazing job with your gifting!! I also would like to think I am the first scenerio, and with grace I am.
You Rock