Friday, October 1, 2010

Autumn ... LOVE IT!!


My favorite season of the year...FALL, Autumn ... love the colors...love the weather...love the apples (cortland apples are my favorite!). I have such great memories of going to the apple orchard each year as a kid... and still LOVE going to orchards at this time of year.

I love the leaves, the colors they turn... we are suppose to get our first frost this weekend, so the colors will be even BETTER after that!
Here are some leaves that floated onto the back deck, that I stuck in the planter on the picnic table... aren't they gorgeous!

This afternoon, between doing work things, I stained the pedestal my husband made for me last year (I had painted it red, then sanded it to stain, but it has sat on the back porch for months now - finally got to it, I think it's going to match the old church altar rails I rescued from the dumpster a few weeks ago)... I want to put another coat of stain on it tomorrow... will post photos then... so far I LOVE how it's turning out.

No comments: