Saturday, October 2, 2010

Pedestal Art... getting it done...


My husband made me a pedestal loooong ago... and gave it to me for Christmas last year. It was actually a project he did for a customer who had these bases as bannisters for a stairway in an old house. He remade some for them, and did a great job!! I loved them so much I asked John to make me one to use as a pedestal... which he surprised me with, and added a top piece to place my art on. I like to distress my pieces, so I had spray painted it a ruby red, then sanded it down, and there is sat, on the back porch for months and months. I finally decided to stain it, and LOVE how it's turning out. I put a second coat of mahoghoney stain on it this morning, and I think I'll add a coat of polycrylic on it in a few days. It's going to look GREAT with some of my art on it, and it will match the old church altar rails I recently dumpster dived for and repainted and stained.







Here are some before and after photos from the project....






And here's the altar rail... It will go GREAT with some installations for shows~!

YES, I DO love this red distressed look!!

No comments: