Saturday, October 16, 2010

Baby Back-Drop Photo Ideas - All I Need is a Baby!



When I was surfing the net the other day, I found a site where someone had made up some really clever and cute background ideas for photographing their baby, mostly while the baby was sleeping.

My daughter is a photographer, a wonderful one, and does many children and baby photos, so I thought I could search through my stash of treasures and materials that I use for backdrops and tablecloths in my prayer stations, and use them to make some baby back-drop things.

I don't know if Kasey will use them or not, but they sure were fun to do. The baby gets put into the scene in each of these ... for example, on the white cloud, below the "Z-Z-Z-Z"'s in the "Man-in-the-Moon" scene... on the "sand" in the beach scene, and below the glass airbubbles in the "Under-the-Sea" theme. The framed backdrops are 3-D, and the baby can be placed into the quilt covered box, then the frame put over the box frame. I had thought also it would be cute to have the sleeping baby posed on the pedestal inside the frame, as if he/she was standing on one foot or something similar.

Some of the props are things I have down in my basement hoarders bins... the "clouds", "sand", "water", "sky", etc. are material pieces arranged in various ways. It was a fun project to do today! (But what a mess I have now in the living room and dining room from it all.*L*)

Anyway... sure wish I had a small baby to try these out on... *G* And hoping maybe KaseyK Photo will try one or two of them too..although, she has great ideas without mine anyway.

I knew keeping my "treasures" would come in handy for things besides my art assemblages..*S*

No comments: