Thursday, October 28, 2010

One Body, Many (Spare) Parts...


An assemblage artist friend had posted a link to an unusual photo shoot that featured this cool oddities shop in Naples, Italy. I googled the shop, L'Ospedale delle bambole (translated as The Doll Hospital), and found a short video of their shop. Check it out!




And, I also decided to gather some of my odd doll parts and put them into a cabinet, I have a whole lot more than this, wish I had a large windowed cabinet, and space to put it upstairs to hold ALL my spare parts..*G* That would REALLY freak out my sister Chellie... heh heh.

Anyway, I'd love to go to Italy someday and see this shop and others like it!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

PENSIVE JESUS ASSEMBLAGE



While I was putting stuff together, I pulled together a fast assemblage using parts of different items I'd found just recently. A candle holder shaped like a shelter with rock walls and roof, that I set on a stone base that is actually a revolving server (lazy susan), and added a "Pensive Jesus" figure inside the shelter. This one didn't really take much talent from me, it was almost finished before I even started putting the pieces together..*L*

No comments: