Friday, September 28, 2007

I (We) May Never Pass This Way Again... (song by Seals and Crofts)

Life, so they say, is but a game and we let it slip away.
Love, like the Autumn sun, should be dyin' but it's only just begun.
Like the twilight in the road up ahead, they don't see just where we're goin'.
And all the secrets in the Universe, whisper in our ears
And all the years will come and go, take us up, always up.
We may never pass this way again.
We may never pass this way again.
We may never pass this way again.

Dreams, so they say, are for the fools and they let 'em drift away.
Peace, like the silent dove, should be flyin' but it's only just begun.
Like Columbus in the olden days, we must gather all our courage.
Sail our ships out on the open sea. Cast away our fears
And all the years will come and go, and take us up, always up.
We may never pass this way again.
We may never pass this way again.
We may never pass this way again.

So, I wanna laugh while the laughin' is easy.
I wanna cry if it makes it worthwhile.
We may never pass this way again, that's why I want it with you.
'Cause, you make me feel like I'm more than a friend.
Like I'm the journey and you're the journey's end.
We may never pass this way again, that's why I want it with you, baby.
We may never pass this way again.
We may never pass this way again.
We may never pass this way again.
We may never pass this way again.

As I was driving home from Milwaukee tonite, after picking up the newsletter that I had transmitted early this morning, I decided to take some back country roads home and enjoy the drive and the evening sunset. It was so pretty, I was also listening to some "golden oldies" on the radio and this song by Seals & Crofts came on.... it got me thinking that I would NEVER, EVER pass this way again, I'd never have this moment again in my life.... sure, I might drive this road again, and I might enjoy other sunsets, but this particular moment would never come again.

I started feeling melancholy, and sad in a way... and thinking about my life.. I just turned 54 years old a few weeks ago... I figure I have about 20 good years left... and heck, if those 20 years zip by as fast as the last 20 years did, I'll be dead as a doornail in the blink of an eye.

I don't wanna be dead (how is a doornail dead anyway?..*L*, was a doornail ever alive?? *ha*)

I am already feeling like I am missing what will come after my 20 years or so I have left... I already miss my kids, my family, my grandkids, those already here, and those yet to come.. I'll miss this life.

I have a good life...even though at times I complain a lot... I am VERY thankful for what God has blessed me with. Anyway... I will never come this way again either... and ya know, that's sad, to think about in a way... *sigh*

I just hope to make a difference in some way, with the years I'll have left.

Currently listening : Seals & Crofts - Greatest Hits By Seals & Crofts Release date: 25 October, 1990

No comments: