Friday, September 14, 2007

Vintage Star Torso continued...

My latest project will be decoupaged with vintage (mostly black and white) photos of Hollywood starlets. Right now it has been decoupaged with silver tissue paper, and has a hole cut to hold the silver frame with a star on the outside, it opens to reveal a place for another photo, but I think I will be putting a mirror inside instead.
Inside the door it says, "What is love? It is the morning and the evening star." This phrase is said by the character Elmer Gantry in the movie: Elmer Gantry, 1960 (Richard Brooks, director and screenwriter, from the 1927 novel by Sinclair Lewis). Burt Lancaster plays Elmer as a salesman/con man/evangelist. This phrase is his all-purpose seduction line, for both individuals and groups. It’s not till the end of the movie, though, that he understands what it really means.
Some say you can use this phrase to acknowledge your own hopeless romanticism.
I think this piece WILL be sort of a romantic piece.. kind of like the morning and evening star, I think I'll love it if it turns out the way I am hoping. *S*

No comments: