Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Two steps forward....ONE STEP BACK...

Whelp, looks like today is starting out as a "step back" day.... This morning at about 2:00 a.m. John tried to get out of bed to go to the bathroom, and his hand slipped, he caught himself, but evidently twisted his back, or did something to mess it up. He was in a lot of pain, and went back to bed, but then had to get up again around 4 a.m. and he could barely get out of bed...when he did, he felt like something was stabbing him in the back, he called for me to come (I can't sleep all night with him because my tossing and turning causes him pain when the bed moves)... I found him in a great deal of pain, so much so he was about ready to pass out... I felt sick myself...and after he laid down, I had to stop myself from getting sick from worry..... Not knowing what to do, I decided to call the hospital number in Milwaukee to ask about what we should do. The on call doctor called back after the nurse had taken a bunch of info from me, and he talked to John, told him to take a Valium, lay down, and rest... then call the clinic this morning for an appointment... sooo, we are now waiting for the clinic to open to call them... and looks like we'll be taking a trip into Milwaukee.
Please pray that this is just something minor...we are scared it's something bad - John said if felt like something "ripped" in his back, inside... hopefully it's something that with rest will get better?

So, here are some encouraging quotes... hope they help you like they help me... even if it's just to give a smile.

~ "When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. " ~
Franklin D. Roosevelt

~ "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.Some come from ahead and some come from behind.But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see.Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~
Dr. Seuss

~ "Fall seven times, stand up eight." ~
Japanese Proverb

~ "If you're going through hell, keep going. " ~
Winston Churchill

~ "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." ~
Deuteronomy 31:6

~ "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." ~
Isaiah 41:10

No comments: