Saturday, September 8, 2007

Planters - some easy assemblages, of sorts.


Here are some planters I made to donate to a church raffle next weekend.

I picked up the chairs for $2 each (4 of them), took off the seats and the back insert and turned it into a planter. I liked the design of the metal chairs, it reminds me of a church window frame. I added an old tin shingle, from our church roof that was replaced several years ago, (see my blog entries from around April 16th for more items I made using the old tin shingles), I cut it to fit and epoxied it to the metal back. I added a planter and a fern and taaahh dahhh... an easy planter! It's already a bit rusty, so it goes well with the shingle which is weathered too, and if it rusts more over the years, the better it will be!

The other planter is a super easy one... I had this old replica of a pedal car that the grandsons played with for a couple of years, it never really pedaled well, and the steering wheel broke off awhile ago... so, I added a planter and another fern and now it's a planter, ready to be won at the drawing next weekend!

Very simple...very easy...*S*

No comments: