Friday, April 11, 2008

Grandson Friday - AAACCKK

Today is Friday... Grandson Day.. and most Friday's it's a welcome event.. it started out good this morning when the son dropped them off at 7:00 a.m.....

I had a lot to do today however,... getting ready for a conference workshop tomorrow in Madison, and making soup for the Saturday luncheon were some of the things I figured I could do while the grandsons were here.

Sooo, we had some fun time with blocks and cuddling, then they wanted treats, so they helped me make popcorn.. Yum! We sat and ate some, then I went into the kitchen to start making chicken soup... tossing the chicken into the pot to simmer, etc.

How much trouble can an almost 4 year old and almost 2 year old get into? They had popcorn, sippy cups, blocks and toys to keep them busy for a few minutes while I was just in the next room, in the kitchen.....

*screaming sound* aaaaaaaccccccckkkkkkkkkkkk... HERE is what they CAN do, in a matter of minutes!

Josh tried to blame the mess on the Popcorn Ninja... yeah, uh huh..*L* So, here is a lesson for others... Never, I repeat NEVER, get your grandson's one of those Popcorn Ninjas!!!

Okay... the mess is cleaned up, Gramma Berta has calmed down....but I am seeing another lesson in the making... I should rethink giving them a deck of cards to play with....arrrgghhhh!!!!

No comments: