Tuesday, April 8, 2008

On This Date 36 Years Ago, We Were Married! Where Oh Where Does the Time Go??


April 8, 1972 was a cold day, and there were still piles of snow here and there... so I guess it was a lot like today almost... who says global warming is worse, eh?? *L*

Today is our 36th Wedding Anniversary... I just can NOT believe it's been THAT long... I feel like it must be someone else and not us celebrating that many years of marriage. I was a child bride, don'tcha know? *L* Actually, I was 18 1/2, a year out of high school, and John was 20 (2 years out of high school - yes, he robbed the
cradle! *L*).. back then it seemed lots of people were married young... I recall going to at least 10 weddings the summer after we were married, of high school friends.

Yes, those are yellow ruffled shirts the groom and groomsmen are wearing!! Back then we thought that was cool...*L*

So anyway... now I am an old married woman, with three grown children and 4 grandchildren... funny how I don't feel like I am as old as my parents were when they were my age...*L* (shhhh, don't tell mom and dad I said THAT - hee hee).

So, it's off to domestic chores for me before we head out to have a dinner together to celebrate.
Thank you Lord for my husband, and for our years together, strengthen our union and help us to love one another more and more in the years ahead... in Jesus Name I pray... Amen!

No comments: