Saturday, April 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!!



Today is my Dad's 77th birthday! Not bad for someone, who told me long ago, he never thought he'd live past 55 years old!

My Dad is someone I look up to and admire (my Mom is too, but this is Dad's birthday, so this is about him), and when people tell me that I am a lot like my Dad, I consider that a wonderful compliment... but one that would be difficult to live up to. Dad is a wonderful guy, a loving husband, a great father, a loving example of a Godly man. I hope my own son's and grandsons (as well as my daughter & granddaughter) will grow up to be like my Dad.


My Dad has a wonderful sense of humor... he's a good joke teller and story teller (some of those jokes I wouldn't DARE repeat here, but believe me, they'd make you laugh and blush at the same time! *L*)

I once wrote a piece for a magazine publication that asked people to write in about their fathers or father figures. Mine was published, and in it I told of how my Dad could fly! Or at least I thought he could when I was little... he could make his ears wiggle, and suddenly he'd be on his tiptoes, almost ready to fly off, if he hadn't stopped himself! *G* And my Dad was stronger than any other Dad in the neighborhood - at least that's what I told the neighborhood kids when we'd get into "My Dad's Better Than Your Dad" contests! *L*


I always have a problem thinking up something really, really great to give either of my parents on their birthdays or Mother's or Father's Day... but I think for part of Dad's gift today, I will make a copy of this blog entry when I get home, and include with our gift, a small token of our love, which can never really show Dad just how MUCH he IS loved and appreciated, and just how glad I am that God gave me THIS father!!

Happy Birthday Dad!! I love you!!
xoxoxoxox

No comments: