Saturday, April 4, 2009

Ahhhh, the smell of Mod Podge in the morning....

Contrary to what I've NOT posted here lately, concerning my art... I HAVE been busy, in my head, and in shopping for items, and ideas for assemblages when I finally have some time to myself. And lo and behold, I found a few hours... (which I really shouldn't have since it's just a few days before Holy Week, which will be a madhouse week for me...but that's another story)... anyway.... Here are some sneak peaks at my latest assemblage in progress... I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this one!!


John made me a shadow box to add to the frame I already had to house my sweet broken doll who is being REDEEMED. I am in the process of trying to make a "sky scene" for the background..not sure how it will turn out, I may have to scrap it and start again? But we'll see....

Here is my inspiration for this piece...
I love her...she is soooo broken, needs so much repair..her appendages are cracked, broken, she is missing one hand, many flaws, a lot like many of us, eh? But I see her beauty still...Her face and her features somehow remind me of my granddaughter Jorden and my sister Harriett ... I have fallen in love with this angel. I took off the clothes she was wearing, added "sack cloth" and a heart feature, and some wings I found.

This is the frame that will go over the shadow box ... a great Good Will find!


And this is the title of the piece... I think I am going to use these letters on the bottom of the frame...we'll see as it progresses...

So, that's what's on my workbench ... I am excited to finish it, but it may be weeks before I do... Holy Week and Easter are almost upon us... I know My Redeemer Lives, And He Is Near Me, Closer Than a Heartbeat...

No comments: