Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Lending a Hand...Getting Plastered..


A friend of mine had sent me some plaster strips that I had used a few times to mend some items I was working on, but I had really gotten the plaster strips to be able to cast body parts with. So, when my son, John, had some time, I asked him to be my hand model. *L* We lotioned up his hand, and then I started to apply the plaster strips.

We decided to not cover the end of some of the fingers and that I could build them back up as well as repair the places we knew we'd have to cut off once it was hardened.

So, after about 30 minutes the plaster was hard enough to remove, I took a few hours to repair and build up the fingers and a hand is born! But I still need to sand it down, and then gesso it and use it in some kind of assemblage.
Pictured here is another hand that I found.. I thought maybe it could be used with the plaster hand... to me it kind of looks like Beauty and the Beast right now..*L*
More to come with these items... but first I need to be more inspired in how to use these.
Thanks John for your help in getting plastered...*G*

No comments: