Saturday, April 11, 2009

REDEEMED - It is finished...


REDEEMED ...my latest assemblage, finished on Holy Saturday, April 11, 2009.

I had found this broken doll, in bad need of restoring, one hand is missing, the arms and legs and face are cracked and peeling, yet she had a quality I loved, she was NOT worthless to me... it reminds me of how God looks at each of us...we are worth SOOO much even in our broken state, in need of repair, and yet, God gave His life for us because God loved us THAT much.



Some of the words from Psalm 107 came to me as I found things to put with my redeemed doll. "Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, who He has redeemed from the hand of the enemy..."
I took off her moth eaten clothes, added sack cloth, wings, a heart, a rosary, the frame which John made a box for and I made into a sky scene to house the redeemed angel.
Letters encased in brass on the bottom of the frame spell out REDEEMED.

It's pretty cool how I was able to finish it on the Vigil of the celebration of our Redemption - Easter... very appropo for the season!

1 comment:

Robin Arnold said...

Someday, I just want to come and watch you work. I love how your mind works. You are a blessing!