Friday, July 15, 2011

Devil's Lake Park - Family Vacation Fun!


I've always loved going to Devil's Lake. Ever since I was a kid and my parents took us there for a day outting or for a camping experience, I have loved it! When I was little, it was the closest thing to a "mountain" that I had ever experienced. We would hike the bluffs with my Dad tying us all together on a rope, and the rope secured around his waist, so that if we went to close to the edge, he'd be able to save us... or else, we'd all go over the side together?.. *L*







Anyway, it's a great place to just hang out! My sister and brother in law Susan and Todd had lunch for us all at the park, so we arrived just in time for that, and enjoyed the cool breeze off the lake and a lazy day with family.











Some swam, some kayaked, some hiked the bluffs, some napped (this vacationing is hard work ya know!!), and some made sand castles and stone assemblages.. *S*







































In all your ways, acknowledge the Lord... even on vacation, assemblage art with a purpose..*S*...and besides, it's fun too!!

"Build there an altar to the LORD your God, an altar of stones. Do not use any iron tool upon them." Deuteronomy 27:5


+++++++++++++++++++

After a long, fun day, we headed back to the campsite, ordered fish dinners, swam some and just relaxed on the deck. Ahhhhh, this is the life!! *S*

No comments: