Thursday, July 19, 2007

Fork in the Road Assemblages Series - 1 of 4

This was inspired by a fork that was in a box of junk we unpacked when my daughter moved. She had found an old fork, all twisted, bent and smooshed flat in the road, and was going to toss it out, I grabbed it thinking I could use the idea....hmmmm, a fork in the road... we all come upon those forks in this journey of life... our lives take on different aspects depending on which way we go when we come upon a fork in the path...in the road.

Soooo, this is the first of a series of assemblages playing on that theme. This one is in a shadow box which I lined with photos of clouds that I had recently taken on our vacation. The old fork (not the original one that Kasey had found) is twisted and turned, much like our journey in life often is... The fork is set on an actual piece of road I grabbed from some recent road work. The box sits on two glass candlestick holders turned upside down, inside are feet. On top is another kind of glass candle holder turned upside down with an arm and hand inside, reaching up... for help? for guidance perhaps? ... read into it what you may see, which may be completely different.

That's it for now...I may add more to it once I spent more time looking at it and depending on how I make the other ones too. Since I have 4 of those boxes, I figured I would do a series of 4 of these.

One down, Three more to come.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had been thinking of doing something with a fork in the road but I see that you beat me to it. Good job!
I also like your hand collection. And Oh yes thanks for including me among your favorite sites.

Anonymous said...

cool mom. i like the simplicity of these. did you take those forks outside and run them over with the van??? haha. where is the original fork though????