Sunday, July 29, 2007

John Update, My Pet Slug and My Workshop Shelves...

John had a better day today than the last two days, although he is still weak and somewhat confused at times, but he laughs about it - so it makes me feel better because it seems to be temporary. He has many wonderful nurses (and doctors), one nurse named Mary has been so good to him, and we are so thankful for her. She took about 30 - 40 minutes with us today to try to answer questions we had, and calm our fears and fretting, etc. after we had relayed our concerns to her. It wasn't something she was assigned specifically to do at that time, it meant a lot that she took that time out for us. It was a big help, even though we knew some of the answers to our worries, she helped affirm what we thought we knew.

John probably isn't coming home tomorrow... hopefully on Tuesday or Wednesday? He still needs to gain some strength and endurance yet and tires very easily after therapy sessions. Today he had a lot of company through out the day and he was falling asleep in his chair - sometimes in a blink of an eye, as he was speaking even. That scares me, if he comes home and I am at work and he falls asleep sitting in the upright chair will he fall over and get hurt? I am fearful of that ... luckily I can bring a lot of my work home to do.

Sooo, on to some other things... our older son, John, had built some shelves in the basement for me this last week... I was able to take all the bins from the dining room, which I had claimed as my "workshop", and organize them (with the help of my sister Peggy and her daughters), and move them into bins and to the basement. I will be setting up my "workshop" there so the mess isn't upstairs anymore. Besides we may need to convert the dining room into John's bedroom temporarily, esp. if he can't do all the steps up to our bedroom for awhile. It's rather nice having the dining room cleared out too! Here are the shelves and all my "JUNK AND TREASURES" for my assemblage art. I can't believe how MUCH stuff I had...uggh... I am putting myself on a strict Good Will hunting limit until I use a lot of this stuff up! (yeah right, try to enforce THAT!)..*L*


Sooo, on my limited Good Will hunt today... *G*... I found a new pet...it's been a long time since we had a pet, but this one won't take much care.. it's labeled on the bottom.."My Pet Slug"..*L*...and it only put me out .49 cents! Such a DEAL! And he's cute and keeps me company, and doesn't take up much room by the computer. *L* Now I just have to think up a name for my new pet....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're pulling for John. Today at Mass, we offered him up in Prayers of the People. Know that a bunch of Texans are praying for his recovery.

Bless you all -- and may God keep you.

Amen.

Randy