Sunday, July 22, 2007

Fork In The Road Series 4 of 4


I think these are finished... although, if I find something interesting in my collection of cool stuff here, I may add to one or two of them... we'll see. These have been fun to do, and addicting as well! I may even have one of them sold already, but who knows, when she comes to see the others, she may want to have them ALL? (wishful thinking...haha) *S*

I've done different backgrounds, to depict different kinds of circumstances we encounter in our journey of life, on the forks in the road we choose.

I've already described the first one in my last post the other day...

Fork in the Road 2 has wooden shoe inserts as a base, it reminds me of walking in another's shoes so we can gain perspective of that person's journey better, there is a glass globe of the world at the top (what a small world we live in). Inside are more cloud pictures with an empty frame hanging in midair and a fork stuck upright in a piece of asphalt from a nearby road.

Fork in the Road 3 has three pool balls (#5, #9, #11) as the base, as this picture shows, the colors matched the sunset scene on the inside, hopefully I will still be journeying in my "sunset" years (which seem to be closer all the time..*S*). There is also a silver colored medallion with a crystal bead at the top inside above the fork on the piece of asphalt. A tarnished brass # 4 is on the outside of the shadowbox .. I was wishing I could find a tarnished letter -K- to put next to the 4 ...(get it? 4K.. sound it out, it sounds like FORK...ha ha!)..but I didn't find a K yet... if I don't, it's no biggie.

Fork in the Road 4 depicts the stormy times we come up against in life. Inside is a tornado scene, with a glass crystal that hangs over the tornado spout. I thought this looked like a large glob of water falling, a large tear drop of rain. It's difficult to see the details in the base of this one. It has swirls of blue inside the glass, and reminded me of a swirling tornado. It's actually a glass candle holder turned upside down. The fork in this one is also more twisted to depicted the twists and turns our lives take in the storm too.

So, that's it... I'm loving these...wish I had a gallery to show them in... my own gallery that is...*L*... ah well.. I probably wouldn't enjoy making them as much if I was under pressure to HAVE to make things....*L*

1 comment:

A Note From The Queen said...

These turned out fabulous Roberta!!!